WHMA Member Benefit – YRC Worldwide
WHMA provides its members with many benefits, including company listing on the website, discounts on events and materials such as the WHMA/IPC-A-620 standard, and free job postings. But did you know WHMA has also partnered with YRC Worldwide to pass exclusive partner discounts to WHMA members? I want to tell you about the partnership and how it will benefit your company.
As a partner, you will experience the combined power of the three best in class, next-day regional Less-Than-Truckload companies (Holland, New Penn, Reddaway), the scope and size of YRC Freight, and their in-house freight brokerage (HNRY Logistics) combined with cutting edge technology to provide our partners with turkey solutions for your supply chain needs. You will be able to access one of the largest LTL providers in North America, all through a single point of contact.
This partnership will deliver the following benefits, including the ability to:
- Aggregate volumes across all of its members to negotiate competitive volume discounts with carriers on behalf of its members.
- Facilitate collaboration and information sharing across its member shippers.
- Provide other transportation management and administrative services as required by its members.
The YRC partnership includes shipping to Canada and Mexico, guaranteed and expedited shipping, consolidation and distribution, and assist in your tradeshow needs. We have found that our members find Exhibit Services (Tradeshow) to be a massive help for members, including the 30-day free storage. By using this service, it decreases the chance of unforeseen delays in your material arriving to the tradeshow. In addition, our members utilize and benefit from consolidating multiple boxes onto a pallet/skid and ship LTL instead of individual boxes. Or if a member is putting together several kits for one specific order/customer it helps to palletize them and ship LTL.
Association benefits are broken down by Assessorial needs that fit your company. For example, if a member does not have a dock and always needs a Lift Gate at pickup, YRC would offer one of the Association Pricing Programs that decrease the Lift Gate Fee, or if a member exhibits at multiple Shows throughout the year, the Association Pricing Program decreases tradeshow fees.
YRC also has an “Engineered Solutions” program for the complex logistical problems. This program is the way to get that challenging shipping project to the finish line. YRC’s dedicated, customer-focused project engineers create the perfect plan for your shipment and follow it through all the way to the end.
YRC’s Logistics Experts Can:
- Develop a customized load and route plan
- Optimize the shipping process, increasing reliability and
- cost-effectiveness of your budget
- Schedule pickups, track shipments and offer custom reporting
- Create bills of lading, shipping labels and trailer manifests
- Set delivery appointments and on-site coordination if needed
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues
If you want to learn more about YRC’s partnership, visit https://whma.org/yrc-frieght-member-benefit/. Or if you would like to become a WHMA member visit www.whma.org.