By Christine Siebert
Start the New Year by Harnessing the Power of TWO Industry Organizations with ONE Membership
A little background on the WHMA organization first. The Wiring Harness Manufacturer’s Association® (WHMA) was established in 1993 to serve and dedicate their resources to the global cable and wire harness industry. WHMA is the ONLY trade association exclusively representing the cable and wire harness manufacturing industry including manufacturers, their suppliers and customers. The Wiring Harness Manufacturer’s Association is dedicated to providing our members the technical support, access to leading edge technology, benchmarking and the ability to network with the leaders in wire processing equipment, services and manufacturing. As an affiliate with IPC since 2019, IPC brings additional benefits and their expertise. IPC is the only trade association that brings together all the players in the electronics industry: designers, board manufacturers, assembly companies, suppliers, and original equipment manufacturers.
WHMA’s goal is to “LEAD”, “EDUCATE” and “CONNECT” their members to resources that make them industry leaders. WHMA leads by providing members knowledge exchanges of best practices through participation at events, peer networking and sharing valuable information online. Educating the industry with the only industry-consensus standard for the Requirements and Acceptance of Cable and Wire Harness Assemblies, IPC/WHMA-A-A620. WHMA connects their members and promotes the value of building relationships throughout the year. The WHMA membership is currently comprised of over 200 manufacturing companies and over 55 supplier organizations.
“WHMA membership has provided our company the opportunity to share ideas, discuss challenges and innovate through networking opportunities. We have built relationships with colleagues, competitors, and industry specialists. Those relationships have been invaluable to our organization.” Jason Zoubek, Absolute Quality Mfg., Inc.
Why WHMA/IPC membership?
WHMA/IPC membership allows you to:
- Enjoy a free single user download of every new or updated IPC standard
- Receive exclusive member rates on all standards, registration for in-person events such as WHMA Annual Conference and IPC APEX EXPO, certification, and much more
- Be included on the WHMA Directory of Manufacturer and Supplier Members
- 50% discount on all IPC/WHMA-A-620 training materials
- Post your company job openings for FREE on WHMA’s exclusive Industry Job Posting Page
- Listen to experts discuss the latest issues in our industry through our FREE Wisdom Wednesday webinars
- Access to WHMA’s Member’s Only area where you will find past WHMA conference presentations, WHMA members’ only List Serv, Webinars, and more
- Enjoy a complimentary listing on the IPC Global Marketplace
- Receive exclusive access to health plans you typically only find with larger manufacturing companies. Visit IPC.NAMHealthcare.com, to learn more about NAM Health Care and to get a quote!
- Benefit from the advocacy work done by IPC Global Government Relations as they proactively engage policymakers in the United States, Europe and Asia to adopt policies that strengthen the talent pool, bolster the value chain, and right-size regulations to spur greater technological innovation and economic growth.
Build relationships within the industry — take advantage of the combination of two leading industry organizations that support programs to meet the needs of an estimated $2 trillion global electronics industry.
As you can see, there are many benefits to becoming a Manufacturer or Supplier Member of the WHMA organization. To learn more or join, go to www.whma.org/join or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.