Job Title: Contract Administrator
Reports to: VP of Contracts and business development FLSA: Exempt (Salary)
NewVac, LLC, is a small business operating as a contract manufacturer building electrical cable assemblies, wire harnesses, connectors and other interconnect related assemblies. We are a 100% military industry business with our largest customer being the DOD and the leading American military prime and second tier companies.
The Contact Administrator will develop, negotiate and evaluate company contracts on behalf of the organization. This position will be in charge of ensuring that both parties are in terms with the contracts, as well as ensuring that all contacts abide by local and federal laws.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Familiar with Department of Defense contracts for manufactured items.
- Responsible for all aspects of contracts including proposal support, contract reviews, negotiation and
post- award contract administration.
- Review and evaluate customer requests for proposal or revisions to contracts in a timely matter.
- Investigate and reconciles significant contract changes involving cost, specifications, schedules, etc.
- Develop and apply solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovation.
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external customers, including US Government contract specialists and the DCMA administrative contracting officers.
- Interpreting contract requirements, contract change impacts, and supporting development of U.S. Government Contract proposals.
- Work with customers to process their request, status inquiries and past dues.
- Collaborate with sales team and internal business partners on contract details.
- Work with legal and all relevant involved teams to ensure contacts are in compliance.
- Develop and maintain digital and paper system of contacts, records and other documents.
- Work with customer and DOD portals and data management systems with secure access (Exostar, WAWF, CAV, VSM, SIR)
- Experience in Federal Government contract administration, negotiations, program management, or a related field.
- Solid understanding and familiarity with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Department of Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS), including intellectual property rules.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and the ability to effectively interact at all levels within the organization and with external customers.
- Experience with NSNs, Government solicitations and WAWF
- Knowledge of RMAs, FAR and DFAR
- Customer service-oriented personality
- Organizational, Interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Problem Solver
- Independent worker and thinker
- Extremely detail-oriented for paper file and electronic file organization and reading and creating
- Be able to sit in Production Meetings to track customer due dates, expedites
- Be able to interact with all departments for customer RMAs
- Ability to multi-task and work independently in a very fast paced and busy work environment
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid time off
- Tuition Reimbursement
• 5 years’ experience in Government Procurement (DLA, NAVY, etc) with understanding DOD solicitation and contract language, NSNs, Contract Data Requirements Lists, waiver, deviations
Schedule- Monday-Friday, minimum of 8-hour shift. After hours and weekends will be needed depending on business needs. This is 100% an onsite position.
NewVac LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To conform to U.S. Government regulations applicant must
be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C.
NewVac LLC. Uses E-Verify to confirm applicants’ eligibility.